Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One hundred percent

Giving 100%, nothing held back, will open the floodgates of blessings from heaven. So many Christians do the equivalent of dipping their toe in the water but don't just jump in and go for it. They fully intend to "someday" but convince themselves that they are doing pretty good by choosing one thing to work on, and use that one thing as a distraction from having to feel guilty about whatever it is that they are holding back.

A 100%-er is someone who has no sin they are unwilling to give up. A 100%-er is someone who gives their whole heart to God, imperfections and all, nothing held back. They say:

"God I give you my life. Wherever you may lead I give you full reign of the events of my life. I give you my abilities, my hopes, my past present and my future. I give you my health, my family, my finances, my fears. I give you my sins and weaknesses, my strengths and talents. I give you all who have wronged me and forgive them. I give you all that I have ever done wrong and ask forgiveness. I give you my possessions and means, my ideas and imagination. Whatever is your will in my life, I trust you with it."

It is so liberating to have nothing held back, to know that although you have a road yet to travel, that as of right now you are "right" with God, and knowing that no matter how bad things get, you can trust that God will guide your path so that you can have a worry-free life regardless of your circumstances. God is the same God who blessed Job and made him very wealthy. The same God who gave Solomon all his famous riches. God will probably not make you wealthy in a monetary sense, but he will take care of you so that you will lack nothing, and make you wealthy in the abiding presence of the holy spirit.

Another wonderful thing about being a 100%-er. You get to participate in the miracles of God. People love to hear about miracles and God's intervention. By becoming a 100%-er you'll be joining His inner circle, and some pretty amazing things happen there. Not all the time, not instantly, but you will be where the "action" is, and it can be very fulfilling to be in God's inner circle. Just remember that Paul prayed three times asking God about his "thorn in the flesh" which the devil was pestering Paul about. Finally the third time God gave him an answer. The miraculous and direct answers from God will still be the exception, and may never become commonplace, but if you're going to be a Christian, being a 100%-er is definitely the place to be.

If you are part of a church group, a sign of a 100%-er is that they will be an active worker and contributor, not just another person sitting in the audience.

0 comments: