Sunday, December 3, 2006

Jesus and Seat Belts

Here's a thought -

You know how some of us have thought to ourselves: I like my life the way it is, and I like my indulgences, and whatever little things I cheat at, but I know it's wrong, so I'll half-heartedly work on one small thing or another, or simply cut back a little, but continue to indulge the rest, and then when I see that the end times are here, and see the signs we all heard are coming, then I'll get more serious about my faith and put away the rest of those "cherished sins". I'll give Jesus my "all" as I see the "last days" prophecies starting to happen.

There' s of course a problem with that and we all know it, and in fact there's a couple wrong assumptions in there too, but I'll save those for another post. For now I just wanted to draw a comparison to seat belts. Imagine the driver who says to himself "I don't want to bother wearing my seat belt, or I find it uncomfortable, so I will pay attention and if I see that I am about to experience a car wreck, I'll just grab my seat belt and quickly strap in"

Only you'll be too busy wildly steering or braking. Yes That would be kinda silly.

0 comments: